Sunday, June 14, 2009

Stir Fry Crisp-head (Green ice) Lettuce with Nutmeg Powder and Butter



Leafy lettuces are a great source of folate, vitamin A and vitamin C.
Got some left over lettuce from a party in my house and I decided to stir fried it using the recipe that I learned from Chef Michael Smith of Chef at Home show in Asian Food Channel. He used spinach for this recipe but I decided to go ahead with the leftover Crisp-Head Lettuce.

Ingredients
Lettuce, 10 leaves
Butter, 1 table spoon
Pepper, to taste
Salt to taste
Nutmeg powder, ½ teaspoon

Heat up wok and put in the butter. Add salt and pepper to taste. Put in the nutmeg powder and lettuce. Switch off the heat and stir the lettuce for a short while in the wok. I sprinkled some crispy fried garlic on the lettuce before serving!

No comments: