Monday, August 11, 2008
Fried Beancurd (Tau Pok)
1) Lady fingers (okra), 7 pcs
2) Long Beans, 7 pcs
3) Eggplant or brinjal, 2 pcs, cut and fried with oil.
4) Onions, 2 pcs, cut into four
5) Lemongrass(Serai), 2 pcs
6) Fried Bean curd(Tau pok), 10 pcs
7) Curry powder, 50gms (or 5 table spoons); put more if you want the curry gravy to be thick.
8) Salt 2 teaspoon or to taste
9) Curry leaves(optional), 2 stalks
10) Mixed halba (optional), 1 teaspoon
11) Coconut milk, ½ coconut (optional), or you can use butter
Heat up a 3 table spoons of oil in wok. Put in onions, lemongrass, curry leaves and mixed halba. Stir fry until fragrance. Add in curry powder and coconut milk and stir for around 2 minutes under low fire. Add a cup of water and bring to a boil. Then add in the long beans and eggplant. Let it simmer for 2 minutes then add in the okra, fried bean curd (taupok) and salt.