Thursday, August 21, 2008
Basil leaves, kaffir lime leaves and serai from
Sour and spicy soup!
I ate a non vegetarian version of this soup during my recent trip to Chiang Rai, Thailand. Here is the vegetarian version that I cook up.
1) 3 pcs of Kafir lime leaves
2) 10 Stalks of Basil leaves
3) 2 pcs of Lemon grass(serai), smashed
4) 1 big onion
5) 1 green lemon (limau kasturi), or 3 pcs of lime – juiced
6) 1 galangal, 2”x2”x2” (lengkuas)
7) 10 pcs of dried chilies
8) 2 pcs of corn, cut into three section
9) 4 bowls of water
10) 1 bunga kantan, (Torch ginger flower) (optional)
11) 2 table spoon of tamarind paste mixed with water to take out the juice
12) 2 teaspoon of salt or to taste
13) 2 teaspoon of sugar
14) 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
Bring the water to a boil in the pot and add in the corn. Boil for 30 minutes. Throw in the serai (lemon grass), onions, basil leaves, kafir lime leaves, dried chilies, and bunga kantan. Add tamarind juice, lemon juice, vegetable oil, salt to taste and sugar. The soup is ready! Eat with steam rice or as soup for rice vermicelli. If the taste is too sour for you, just add in more sugar to neutralize it a bit.
PerspectivegDiapersMarketing NirvanaBob Sutton¡Hola! Oi! Hi!Shut Up and Drink the Kool-Aid!Women, Art, Life: Weaving It All TogetherCommunity GuySocial Media on the fly