Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Vegetarian Steamed Japanese Soft Tofu with Thai Basil Leaves Recipe


I always keep a few packs of Japanese soft tofu in my fridge because I can use to cook up a simple dish in a jiffy. In this Vegetarian Steamed Tofu with Thai Basil recipe, I used cylindrically packed Japanese soft tofu that I bought off the shelf from the local hypermarket. This type of tofu is very easy to prepare and you will a a dish cooked up for your family in a short time!

Here is my Vegetarian Steamed Japanese Soft Tofu with Thai Basil Leaves Recipe....

Ingredients
Japanese Soft Tofu, 1 pack
Thai Basil Leaves, 20 leaves
Shallots, 3 pcs
Light Soya sauce, 3 tablespoons
Dark Soya Sauce, 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Sugar to taste

Arrange Japanese Soft Tofu on a steaming plate and steam at high heat for 20 minutes. While the tofu is in the steamer, you can prepare the sauce separately. Heat up wok and put in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (corn, sunflower, palm, rapeseed or canola oil). Add in the shallots and fry until golden brown. Add light soya sauce, dark soya sauce and a little water. Add salt and sugar to taste. Throw in the Thai Basil Leaves. Stir fry for a short while. Pour the sauce over the steamed tofu and serve while still hot!
Happy Cooking!

3 comments:

AikoVenus said...

Mm, this looks very delicious and nutritious! ^^

Mr & Mrs Vegan said...

Ever since our last trip to Bangkok recently, we've been craving basil leave vegetarian dishes! Thank you for sharing this yummy dish.

Dpboss said...

This blog post provides a clear introduction to the topic. The content is informative and presented in a reader-friendly style. I appreciate the effort involved in preparing such a useful article.
Madhur Day Jodi Chart
Madhur Day Panel Chart