Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chinese Style Vegetarian Corn Soup Recipe


I like to use corn to add a little sweet natural flavour to my soup. For best result, use fresh whole corn. But then, fresh corn cannot last very long in the fridge and it will lose its’ sweetness if kept too long. To save all the hassle, I bought a packet of frozen froze corn from the hypermarket, so that I can use them whenever I want to!
This is a very light soup and my kids love to drink this soup whenever they are having a steamed rice meal. For extra sweetness, I used carrots and also onions. If you are a full time vegan and don’t take onions, you can give this ingredient a pass.

Ingredients
Corn, 1 cup
Water, 4 bowls
Carrot, 1 medium, diced
Onions, 1 pc, cut into four
Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
A little light soya sauce
Olive oil, 1 table spoon

Put water in a pot and bring to a boil. Put in the carrot and corn. Boil until the carrot turned soft. Add in the rest of the ingredients. Your simple Chinese style corn soup is ready!

1 comment:

Sushma Mallya said...

Hi pete,thanks a lot for adding me to your blogroll..this soup surely looks very delicious,love chinese cuisine...