Thursday, February 11, 2010

Quickie Baked Vegan Tofu with Cheese and Thyme Recipe

I love the aroma of freshly baked cheese. In order to create an East meets West recipe, I used tofu with cheese and western popular herb such as thyme. Baking saves me some time when I am preparing dinner for my family. I just need to set the timer in the oven and the dish would be ready by the time I finish cooking other things else. This dish would make a complete meal for the family because it loaded in protein and greens as well. For carbohydrate, you can eat these tofu dish with steam unpolished rice.
Check out my Quickie Vegan Tofu Cheese and Thyme Recipe.

Ingredients
Soft Tofu, 1 large piece
Vegan Cheese (you can use normal cheese, if you are not a full vegan), enough to cover the tofu
Thyme, 1 teaspoon
Celery, cut into 3” length
Tomato, 1 pc, cut onto four
Soya sauce, 1 table spoon

Arrange all the ingredients in the baking tray. Add a little water. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes at 200 Deg C. Serve with steamed rice.

3 comments:

Rachana said...

Thats not only quick but also delicious Pete! Lovely recipe:)

Hayley said...

Hi Pete
First time here..nice space and great recipes to try...very nice and quick tofu..looks tasty..;))

cheers and do visit me if you can

Jeannette K said...

This sounds fantastic. I can't wait to try it.