Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Dried Bean Curd Strips (Tau Kee)
Soft Tofu - Bought fresh from Kepong Baru
wetmarket. Home made.
All ready to eat. Best eaten with steam rice
or soft buns
1) Dried Bean Curd Strips - 5 pcs
2) Tofu - One large piece(4" x4"x4") - Cut into 1" cubes
3) Cinnamon Stick (Kayu Manis) - 2 sticks
4) Star Anise(Bunga Lawang) - 2 pcs
5) Light Soya Sauce - 5 table spoon
6) Dark Soya Sauce - 1 table spoon
7) Salt to taste - (Please note that the light soya sauce is already very salty)
8) Corn Flour - 3 teaspoon
9) Water - 2 small bowls
10) 1 bulb of Garlic and Hard Boil Eggs (optional, some vegetarian don't take these)
-Soak Dried Beancurd Strips in cold water for 1 hour.
-Heat up 2 small bowls of water in pot. Add Cinnamon Sticks, Star Anise, Light Soya Sauce, Light Soya Sauce, Dark Soya Sauce and Garlic(optional). Boil for 20 minutes.
-Add in the soaked Dried Beancurd Strips, Tofu and Hard Boiled Eggs(optional). Boil for 5 mins.
-Mix corn flour with a little cold water and add it in the stew to make it thick. Add salt to taste and serve. Best eaten with steam rice or soft buns.