Tuesday, July 22, 2008
From top left (cw) Chinese cooking wine,
light soya sauce, sesame oil, broccoli,
Soft fresh tofu
Tofu with Broccoli Dish
1) Tofu – 500 gms
2) Garlic – 5 cloves, cut into thin strips
3) Broccoli – 200 gms
4) Light Soya sauce – 3 table spoon
5) Salt : ½ teaspoon
6) Sesame oil – 1 teaspoon
7) Corn Flour – 1 table spoon
8) Chinese Cooking Wine – Shao Shing Chiew (Optional - Non Halal)
9) Vegetable oil for frying the tofu
- Cut tofu in to 1x1x2 “and fry until golden brown. Put the fried tofu aside.
- Heat up wok. Add 1 table spoon of vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- Fry the garlic until golden brown. Take it out from the wok and put on top of the fried
- Leave the leftover vegetable oil and sesame oil in the wok. Add ½ a bowl of water and
when it is boiling add salt (1/2 teaspoon), Chinese wine(Shou Shing Chiew) (1/2 table spoon) and soya sauce.(2 table spoons) Add in the broccoli and stir fried for a while.
Put the corn flour into a bowl and add little bit of cold water and stir well.
Pour this mixture into the wok to thicken the gravy.
- Pour the gravy and brocolli on the fried tofu. The dish is ready to be served.